Monday, February 2, 2009

Homestudy meeting #1=DONE

We had our first meeting today for our homestudy. We worked this past weekend on making sure the house was clean and organized. Kiddo's room is all set up and we even kid proofed the house. We decided to wait on the door knob things as they were also adult proof. We met with the worker for about an hour and a half today. We discussed why we want to do foster to adopt, why their agency, and about each of our own upbringing/family. Our worker made us feel really comfortable and we just blabbed away. I think it helped that she is young as well as we were able to relate in the types of jobs that we all of had. I was really worried we'd get someone we didn't "click" with and the homestudy wouldn't go well. We have our next meeting with her next Monday! YEAH! We have to meet with her 3 times before she writes up the homestudy. Once she does the homestudy, she will give us a copy to proof to make sure she has all the info correct.

I think I knew that we were going to be fine with her, when she mentioned that she is "fostering" a turtle for one of the girls that they had to place in a group home and she has had her own pet turtle for 3 years. I told her that she'd get a long really well with my sister who LOVES turtles and had to find a "foster parent" for her two turtles when she moved to St. Maarten. Who would have thought that discussing turtles would be an ice breaker?!?!

The past week and a half, Andy's mom and her husband, Bob, have been in Colorado. We met them for lunch last Sunday and then for dinner this past Saturday night. It was so great to see both of them as well as Andy's brother, Matt. Andy met them up in Keystone on Tuesday to go skiing..his first time this year. We are going to meet up with them when we're back in March. We are so excited for our vacation back to Indiana in March!!! We're going to spend lots of time with my parents as well as go to a hockey game in St. Louis with some friends. YEAH!!!

One of the ladies at work today said "Just think Sara if this keeps moving along you could possibly have a child in another month or two." Two thoughts went through my head...YEAH!!! We'll have a child! AND OMG...we'll have a child soon...eeks! Don't get me wrong we're very excited but also kind of nervous as we've waited along time for this and well, we'll be first time parents. I think(hope) this is a normal feeling. I know that I can't wait to see Andy be a Dad! I know he'll be amazing and has a huge heart that is filled with love to share with a child.

2 comments:

LL said...

YAY!! For the homestudy! I am so looking forward to when you bring your child home!

Deanna said...

I am so happy for you, one step closer to your little one. Always sending you positive thoughts!