Andy and I went to the Rockies/Mariners baseball game today! We were very excited to see Mike as well as enjoy a baseball game. Nothing like a relaxing Sunday afternoon baseball game! I figured this would be a great lead in to my relaxing week off of work. I was partially right. It was a beautiful warm sunny afternoon until about the 5th inning. The storm clouds started rolling in, temp dropped, and we started to hear the rumblings of thunder. Lovely! Before that, we were having a great time! The Rockies were doing great, had a nice cold beverage, and great conversation. So...back to the storm clouds rolling in. We were just watching the game and happend to look up and saw this...

Actually that was as it was fading away. Are you kidding me?!?!? Funnel cloud!!! We saw another one that was off more to the left of this picture. Both of them disappeared pretty quickly but still!!!! The sirens started going off and they sent everyone inside. We were on the club level so we actually got to go inside which was nice BUT the walls on both sides were glass. Yes, glass. Great! In case you haven't ever had the experience of being around me when there's tornado warnings and sirens going off, well, I freak a little bit. Just a little..ok, maybe more than a little but I acutally did ok today, until they sent us inside where I realized that we were not really in a safe area. We started to go down to the first level but it was packed and people weren't even able to move. After about 35 min, the storm passed and they were able to resume the game. The sun came back out and it was a beautiful day again. As the game was wrapping up, the second phase of storms started to move in. Luckily, we made it back to the car and was out of downtown before the rain started.
Actually that was as it was fading away. Are you kidding me?!?!? Funnel cloud!!! We saw another one that was off more to the left of this picture. Both of them disappeared pretty quickly but still!!!! The sirens started going off and they sent everyone inside. We were on the club level so we actually got to go inside which was nice BUT the walls on both sides were glass. Yes, glass. Great! In case you haven't ever had the experience of being around me when there's tornado warnings and sirens going off, well, I freak a little bit. Just a little..ok, maybe more than a little but I acutally did ok today, until they sent us inside where I realized that we were not really in a safe area. We started to go down to the first level but it was packed and people weren't even able to move. After about 35 min, the storm passed and they were able to resume the game. The sun came back out and it was a beautiful day again. As the game was wrapping up, the second phase of storms started to move in. Luckily, we made it back to the car and was out of downtown before the rain started.



No comments:
Post a Comment